Founded in 2007, MissionTravel.org has become a leading online-based travel agency to the Christian missions community by providing discount airfare and travel arrangements to churches, missionary organizations, and non-profits.
Attaining a leading position in travel, MisionTravel.org continues to expand and build an experienced, customer-service focused, missions-minded team of travel advisors.
Position: TRAVEL ADVISOR
- Sell travel arrangements; primarily individual and group mission trip airfare. Also including travel insurance, cruises, tours & packages while focusing on the detailed needs of each client.
- Utilize preferred vendors and focus on selected departures to increase sales and maximize profit.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in operating the online and GDS booking systems.
- Keep up to date on all travel policies and procedures.
- Seek opportunities to increase destination and product knowledge through research, self-paced training, seminars, and experiences.
- Manage leads and client list via cold calling, emails, invitations, and e-marketing promotions.
- Track contacts and updates in our client database.
- Collaborate with existing Mission Travel team and Agency Manager to continue growing Mission Travel in the marketplace.
•Minimum 5+ years sales experience in the travel industry, with a strong preference to international airfare, tours & packages – direct selling experience with proven sales record; existing client base a plus.
•Extensive domestic and international air knowledge is required, preferably with strong personal travel experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of offerings at and reputation of airlines, hotels, cruise ships, etc. to make best recommendations to clients.
- GDS reservations experience required; SABRE or Amadeus preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills & phone etiquette.
•Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
•Self-motivated, self-starter and able to take initiative and work unsupervised – this is a home-based position.
•Excellent written and verbal skills.
•Detail oriented a must.
•Ability to prioritize and multitask.
•Willing and able to work a flexible shift including possible evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the operation IF needed.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box, as well as work under pressure at times.
- Dedicated to the operating mission of MissionTravel.org and committed to conducting business with clients in this regard as a missions travel agent.
- Competitive industry base pay commensurate with experience and results.
- Performance Bonus/Incentive pay based on goals met throughout the year.
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement plan up to 3% match (Fidelity Simple IRA plan)
- Up to $150 Medical for Christian Health Ministries Gold plan or as a supplement to offset the cost of individual insurance premium
- Family Summer Picnic
- 12 PTO days (use as you choose)
- 8 hrs of paid volunteer time a year.
- Flexible 8hr work day
- Mobile work environment
- Anniversary travel vouchers
- IATAN card and all the industry perks that go with it
- Annual in-person company retreat/meeting
Please DO NOT apply if you do not have at least 5 years of travel agency or airline sales experience. GDS proficiency in Sabre or Amadeus mandatory.
Please send a detailed cover letter specific to this position, a resume and at least 3 professional references to: email@example.com